wcap is simple and efficient screen recording utility for Windows 10.
It uses Windows.Graphics.Capture API available since Windows 10 version 1903, May 2019 Update (19H1) to capture contents of window or whole monitor. Captured texture is submitted to Media Foundation to encode video to mp4 file with hardware accelerated H264 codec. Using capture from compositor and hardware accelerated encoder allows it to consume very little CPU and memory.
Ctrl + PrintScreento start recording current monitor (where mouse cursor currently is positioned)
Ctrl + Win + PrintScreento start recording currently active window
Ctrl + Shift + PrintScreento select & record fixed position area on current monitor
- press any of previous combinations to stop recording right or double-click on tray icon to change settings
- video encoded using H264/AVC or H265/HEVC
- audio encoded using AAC or FLAC
- for window capture can capture full window area (including title bar/borders) or just the client area
- optionally exclude mouse cursor from capture
- can limit recording length in seconds or file size in MB's
- can limit max width, height or framerate - captured frames will be automatically downscaled